Any new MMORPGs in development that you are excited about?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by thisnthat, Jun 15, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've seen a couple of interesting MMOPRG ideas out there, but it will be a long time before any of them are released (If ever). I say "if ever" since EQNext being cancelled hurt. That looked like an exciting game. Now, I'm a bit more cautious before I get too excited about something.

Still, it seems like there is always a new game in the works. So, are there any great MMORPGs that you can't wait to see launched?

Do you think this genre is losing its steam?

#1 thisnthat, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that it is losing steam, but at the same time all it takes is one game to come out to relight the fire and get everything going again. These things fluctuate.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

At the moment I'm not waiting for any release from any new MMOPRG, but considering the competitiveness of the current market, it's understandable the "delay" in some new launchs.

4. thisnthat

Regular

Fair enough. I still think there is a market for a good MMORPG though.

Yeah, I'm not aware of any imminent launches, but stuff takes a while to come to fruition. Have you seen anything in the works, or any ideas being thrown around that sound good to you?

5. Shine_Spirit

Regular

@thisnthat At the moment I confess that I am a bit outdated with regard to games. :( Currently, my friends are the responsible for doing this for me. :)

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am not in the look out for any release of new MMORPG yet. I am a bit surprised at the thought that it ill take long for any of the new game to be released. If there is any high rated MMORPG coming out soon I maybe interested even though I'm not on the watch out.

#6 tony, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. Shine_Spirit

Regular

The time spent on research and game developments can take years (sometimes more than we can imagine :eek:)... However, they are often very well done. :D

thisnthat likes this.
  8. thisnthat

Regular

Indeed, it can take several years to create a great game. Sometimes, even after years of work, they never get completed or released. There are numerous details that go into producing a quality gaming experience (not to mention lots of resources).

I'm really excited about Rob Pardo starting a game studio. He was on the original World of Warcraft team. I love his philosophy, and I'm looking forward to hearing about anything he decides to work on.

9. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I already talked to a friend about this, he works with game creation and he says that the creation process is extremely complex (depending on the type of game).

It's very exhausting and consumes many hours daily (but he doesn't care because he loves this kind of work).

10. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can see a clearer picture as it pertains to film development. I had imagine a time that may not be that long but now I see quality films need good time for research and development.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The whole film development idea seems to be popping up everywhere recently, which makes me intrigued. I welcome the news though and wonder where it will lead.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Perhaps there are new games waiting to be released. I am thinking they are always up having a game in the making which could take time for great finishing.

13. thisnthat

Regular

There are always games in development (and not just MMORPGs). I was just curious if anyone has seen some that are being worked on that they are hyped for. I like the looks of Pantheon and also Ashes of Creation.

I just came across Identity by Asylum. I don't know much about it, but it has me intrigued. They seem want to create a truly dynamic game, which always sounds good to me. While I like old school MMORPGs, I wouldn't mind some with a new twist either.

#13 thisnthat, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  14. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

None that I can think of.