An idea for a next metro game (all games)

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by dOrOb, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Metro 2033 had a pre-order DLC and Ranger Hardcore sold separately and nobody bats an eye.

Last Light has a pre-order DLC and Ranger Hardcore sold separately and everybody loses their shit.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

My best guess would be because times change. I suppose selling the difficulty separately wasn't considered so treacherous at that time, whilst it is now.
    Another reason is that Last Light got a lot more attention, and made a lot more sales.

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I picked up 2033 pretty late, so I wouldn't know.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I did too. I think it was 2012 I picked it up, two years after the release. Everyone had heard about it by then, except me, and I went all "GIEOANWGAJBG IT'S SO AWESOME!!!" to everyone in steam, and they went like "Lulwut, you haven't heard 'bout this game until first now? Nobody cares about it!"

5. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

I never had a problem with making ranger mode DLC, it makes sense to me. I didn't buy it because of the manner in which it tries to increase difficulty doesn't appeal to me. I don't like enemies that go down quickly to any gun, and leave me with lots of ammo remaining.

I bought all the other DLC though, and may actually try ranger mode some day.

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I wonder if it was intentional for Deep Silver to leave in the files or if it was a complete mistake?

I had no idea; but I too found out about and purchased metro 2033 a couple year after it's release. When I first saw it at the store, I was a bit hesitant to buy it-as I had never heard about it-so I went home and got online to see if it had received good reviews. :p