An idea for a next metro game (all games)

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by dOrOb, Feb 3, 2014.

1. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Hey. Just saw this clip on Thief 4 where you can set the difficulty in many ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9QkKya3-o

The idea I got when I saw this was directly '' Metro ''

There are many opinions about the various difficulty settings in Metro for example ammunition some say it is difficulty to get hold of ammunition while some find it all too much.

With this type of difficulty selector people can get the game that THEY want it.

People would then be able to limit the spawn rate of ammunition or increase it , same with the filters for the gasmask , how easily the gasmask cracks... and more much much more.

Another example is to remove certain types of weapons. maybe remove the fine pre war made weapons and only use home buildt weapons.

*( Also Metro need more homemade weapons )

Make youre own Difficulties, save them, name them, share on forums.

I have how many examples there is but i dont have time to write now = ) and im very sure you find out many examples too.

I do not know if this is posible but it would be cool to see something like this in metro. if there ever will be another, which there will be :D

( Not only the metro, all games could use somekind of Difficult selector/editor)

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Huh. If only there was an SDK that the developers said they planned to deliver but never did.

3. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

Just imagine how many new players it would bring! Modders from every game!

this sucks ...

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Or metro 2035, said to have been out by December 2013 :sad:

Aside from that, I like the idea that TheStalker had suggested a while back:thumb::

5. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Sorry but SDK? I've heard about it but I have never really understand what it is or what it will do?

6. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

It's a tool which basically allows you to modify game files. With SDK you can create maps, new weapons, armors, characters (but firstly you have to model them in 3DSMAX modelling program) etc.

7. Potarto

8. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

SDK would be awesome, we address all the difficulty issues :/

Can I get a link to where they said this would be released?

#8 someguy_123, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  9. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

Yeah those are some good options Eidos came up with. Too bad the game sucks. In many ways from inconsistency of navigation, to too many loading areas to horrible optimization, they just dropped the ball on that game. The sad thing is, I know they're capable of better quality than that.

You have to look at the whole package, no one game is perfect. I don't like some of 4A's decisions, like charging for harder modes that should have been included, but overall Last Light is still a kick ass game, esp considering the conditions under which it was developed.

#9 Frag Maniac, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  10. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Charging for Ranger mode was THQ's decision, not 4A.

11. Frag Maniac

Yeah, well I guess they got what they deserved, as they're now defunct.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

'That's a fancy way of sayin' they dead, right?' -Joe Barbaro, Mafia2.

If I ever knew why THQ went bankrupt, I've completely forgotten the reason now. But they knew it was coming, for a long time, considering the Humble Bundle they published. I actually willingly paid 10 dollars for that as charity, when I could've paid 1 dollar if I wanted to. Then they repay me by making a huge total douchebag desperate last attempt to save themselves by charging extra for Ranger Hardcore. And you can see how well that turned out.

Good Riddance, THQ.
    [​IMG]

#12 Skaara Dreadlocks, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  13. Potarto

How do you know that Deep Silver wasn't the one behind the decision? Because I remember the game's release still being up in the air when THQ went under.

14. NuclearWastE3

Regular

This?

15. Frag Maniac

I gotta ask then, if anyone knows, why then was the Ranger Pack DLC for 2033 free?

16. Potarto

Never really given a damn about THQ, but it does seem pretty fishy that they couldn't have just cancelled it, since the game didn't even have a release date when they took over.

I assumed it was something they wanted to be a part of the game from launch. The extra weapons were just bonus goodies. And cheap fan-service.

17. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Neither have I. In fact, I've never really given a damn about any game company. Just as long as a company does what they started correctly, I'm happy;and if by any chance that company goes bankrupt and out of business, just like THQ, I'm fine if another company comes in and picks up the current from where the others left off.

I see why Deep Silver didn't dismiss charging for the Ranger HC DLC, at the time, as it had supposedly already been decided and put up for Pre-order by THQ by the time they took over; and doing such a thing, removing the fee for HC pre-order,would have made those who had already purchased it very pissed off. What really made me mad though was when Metro LL came out and a couple weeks later, this appears here on the forum. A fix for those who didn't pre-order LL to get the Ranger HC mode were able to configure files of the game that enabled them to get the Ranger HC mode for free! I wan't upset over the fact that somebody came up with a solution that allowed those who weren't able to, say, pre-order the game in time (I was actually pleased on hearing that everybody would now be given the opportunity to experience the game in Ranger HC), but the reason that Deep Silver left the files containing the limited content that was meant to be only for those who pre-ordered LL in the 'aftermarket' copies-even though they said it was only for those who pre-ordered LL. I did not only feel betrayed by THQ and Deep Silver because they charge extra for the HC Ranger mode, which had been included for free in the first game, but because they said they couldn't do anything about "not charging" extra for the game because of the exclusive content;and yet, they do something stupid as leaving the files out in the open for the 'aftermarket' copies-which were cheaper and came out approximately at the same time as for those who pre-ordered the game, as I had done. :tsk:

18. Frag Maniac

Even so, it wouldn't make sense to plan Ranger as a part of 2033 without doing the same with Last Light, esp since LL is the easier game to play.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm not saying anything definite here, but I mean to have heard someone in the forum saying the Ranger Hardcore actually was a DLC one had to pay for or pre-order, when 2033 was released. Not sure if that's true though.

I actually think that was a good gesture by Deep Silver, to be honest. Yeah, I know it sucks for those who actually did pay for the Ranger Hardcore DLC, but just imagine how many were relieved by this and likes Deep Silver for making it so.

I don't know if it was something that Maurice Tan posted officially here, or if it was something that he spoke privately with me about, but I do remember him giving very valid and legit reasons for why Deep Silver couldn't undo THQ's mistake regarding the Ranger HC DLC.

20. Potarto

It's okay, at least us PC players can fix their screw-up. :)