Ammo counter

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BaZzaaa, May 23, 2013.

1. BaZzaaa

BaZzaaa Member

This would be an attachement for most weapons and can be as simple as 3 lights on the side of the gun, green for full, amber for average amount left in the clip and red for low ammo in the clip. this would be such a help for ranger hardcore!

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

That would be noobish, no offense :D

3. BLY4

BLY4 Well-Known Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaay too noobish :p

4. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

why would you even consider such a thing?

5. Explodotron

Explodotron Member

Like if it was an attachment you could buy for a gun? I might get it for the RPK or Azbats, as large drums + high RoF = too hard to count shots.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

It could be a good alternate option for those who want to play on Ranger Hardcore but also wants to easily know how many bullets they've got. We've all got our different playstyles :)

7. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

and how would it fit in the metro universe? it would make no sense, how hard is it to do controlled bursts?

8. BaZzaaa

BaZzaaa Member

well in real life you could look at the kalash mag and say ' oh ive got bout half left' rather than have it hidden by the back of the gun the whole time. it doesnt have to count it just maybe an option to look at ypur magasine. because at the moment you can only do that on the bastard and sniper

9. Baron01

Baron01 Active Member

Well, there should be a magazine counter somewhere...not like in MLL on Ranger difficulty where you are left with a guess.

As for the current magazine and its capacity, either 4A can go back to original design from Metro 2033 or add another button to detach magazine and check how much ammo is left in it. Most players will anyway reload their weapon once there is a free moment because there are no downside to frequent reloading, even if it is after every single kill.

I would love to see a difficulty option where reloading weapon with magazine would result in all leftover ammo in the old mag to be wasted. It does not make sense you can partially empty a magazine and press reload to magically add cartridge after cartridge to refill that half empty magazine in a heat of battle. If such thing is implemented, it would make perfect sense to have a button for checking magazine capacity.

10. Roadkill

Roadkill Active Member

Well in real life i wouldn't reload after burst shot or after every single kill, but u can somehow tell how many rounds u got left if u count some :)

11. EbonHawk269

EbonHawk269 Member

And "wasting" leftover bullets in a partial mag wouldn't make much sense, from a gameplay or real world standpoint, because in the real world, you could just consolidate leftover partial mags into one full mag (or more). So wasting them doesn't make sense either, unless you want to really up the ante and have reloading be situational-based. You could have a combat and non-combat reload state. In combat, if you reloaded before emptying a mag, the partial could fall on the ground (to be picked up later, either during a fight or after). So that, you couldn't combine partials until after the fight was over, but then it would go back to normal and let you consolidate all your remaining ammo. Does that make sense?

I could see that setup working. Even if you had say 6 partial mags lying around, that shouldn't overload a game's environment variables or whatever they're called. That should easily be doable.

12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I see no issue with it. I personally wouldn't use it, but it would be a cool thing for OCD players. Metro has always been about taking stuff off of the HUD and putting it as a visual indicator, would be neat as a pricy attachment for large magazines. (quid pro quo)

13. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

Some magazines have a counter on the side (in Europe) but it's a color-coded thing where green is "full," yellow is "moderately/half full" and red is "nearly/completely empty."

I never understood why it would be necessary, but to each their own.