Amazon Metro Last Light

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by TheDarknessEnvelops, Nov 29, 2012.

1. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

This is a really picky concern and maybe I'm just behind on multiplayer news and I don't even know what anyone can do about it but amazon still says you can 'Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online, as Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins' which I thought had been cancelled. Sorry for any problems:eek:

2. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, that's just old info they're using. The gamestore in my town also has an advertisement which says that. They'll have fresh stuff soon, I'm pretty sure.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

If I understood it correctly, they have been working a lot on the multiplayer, but because of the current financial crysis, they are working mainly on only Single Player to get the game released, then they will continue on the multiplayer and release it later on as a DLC. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You're mostly right, but it's important to remember that 4A Games never said that they would definitely go back to working on the multiplayer. They said that it is only a possibility. ;)

5. TheDarknessEnvelops

thanks, sorry for being problematic

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Don't worry about it. The forum is here for questions&answers, and everything about Metro :)

7. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

And Spambots:D

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well said. :lol: But I think we're doing waaaaay better than we used to, thanks to Luster's mysterious magic and Skaara's banhammer. :)

9. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Yea but I would think that they would release it. I just hope that it will be a free. If they would charge you for the multiplayer that would just be plain stupid. And they will most likely go back to the multiplayer. They can make a lot of money from any content packs they release for the multiplayer. With metro 2033 there wasn't that much room for dlc. It isn't like ME3 where you can keep adding random DLC about everything in the story.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I seriously hope they don't do any of that paid DLC crap. I'd be willing to pay for multiplayer as separate package, but anything released after that should be free content that is part of the developer's support for the game after release. :(

11. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

No the multiplayer should be free and yea they should do something like what Bioware did with ME3. They kept releasing content for multiplayer, but 4A should do the same but with single player. Or they can sell really cheap dlc.

12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Dishonored was the same. Arkane have announced 3 dlc.

One which is some multiplayer mode.
    Two which adds more levels to the main campaign story.
    I can't remember the third.

It would be fantastic if 4A "if" they plan to add campaign dlc, allow us to play as Khan or even as a Red fighting against the enemy. So we can taste surviving in the Metro from the point of view of someone else instead of Arytom.

Think of it like Khan's or The Blacksmith's diary for example.

13. TheDarknessEnvelops

Or something like undead nightmare, not with zombies but an addon sort of game so you can play open world tunnel style maybe, maybe be a stalker

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

A standalone expansion like Undead Nightmare would be fine, but it would have to be more serious. :p

15. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

'undead nosalises/lurkers/librarians....' that would be fun! :D

(just kidding)

16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

As soon as the game is released THQ would be mad not to put resources back on multiplayer. They need all the money they can get. Whilst I don't know how far they were with multiplayer on all platforms, they must have (imo) had lots done.

After the game is released a skeleton crew is needed to fix any bugs (because regardless how polished the game will be, there will be some)

17. deadNocturne

deadNocturne Member

I thought I remembered hearing that multiplayer didn't really go past prototypes before they folded the team back into the campaign development? Don't quote me on that one, though

In any case, Metro, I think, has a lot set up for multiplayer already. Nazis vs Reds for if anyone wants a TDM kind of mode, while very un-Metro sounding, could work. Being a team of rangers or stalkers for co-op. And I'd trust 4A to make it work in having a Metro feel if they do work on multiplayer post-release.

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Many of us here had some badass ideas for original multiplayer game modes - all the way back in late 2011. I highly suggest you check them out (sorry, but I can't remember which thread it was) and I'm sure you'd agree. :) Who knows; it was so long ago that maybe even the 4A Games team was inspired by it, but it is unlikely.

19. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Yeah I still think myine and your are the best.

20. smnknc

smnknc Member
    Regular

I hope there won't be a multiplayer they should just try and keep the singleplayer long and good enough