Allison Road

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NuclearWastE3, Oct 8, 2015.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

[​IMG]
    Do you remember how Konami, the company behind Silent Hill, was going to make a first-person, state-of-the-art graphics, Silent Hill game called "Silent Hills" but then decided to throw the idea out the window because of some dispute? Do you remember the exclusive, very scary, P.T. Demo of Silent Hills that was solely released on the PS3 and never to be seen, again? Well, some fan decided to keep the idea alive and is currently working on his own spin-off on the game using the Unreal Tech Engine 4. The quality resembles that of the P.T. demo itself and, quite frankly, looks just as scary. Of course, the P.T. demo was more suspenseful and had a constant sense of eeriness to it; but, then again, that was a fully funded company with years of experience. The gameplay is basically the same: wander around a section of a house and interact with the environment until something scary pops up. In Allison Road, the amount of scary content is held off until the very last minute of gameplay; whereas, in P.T., the fright content was continuous throughout the demo.

Nonetheless, I really think this "Allison Road" is going to be good and will be at the same level as what P.T. (Silent Hills) would have been -eventually. You can see overview demo with Angry Joe, here:

[YOUTUBE]nl3CbbtyeSU[/YOUTUBE]

I'd say just watch part of the opening, to see all the eye candy, and then fast-forward to 11:20 so that you can get to the "scary" part. (there's about a five minute recap, at the end of the playthrough, where they discuss their opinion over the demo).

If you missed the P.T. demo videos, you can check out one of them here:
    [YOUTUBE]watch?v=Tj5AF_m3-4I[/YOUTUBE]

It's rather long; so, if you have time, you may want to give it a watch.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Looks nice, I was hoping someone would start making their own stuff out of the great ideas Konami has been screwing up recently.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I've never followed Konami closely. However, when I found out about P.T. and heard that it was later canceled, I learned about the outcry people have had toward Konami's occasional disposal of good game ideas. Konami even goes as far as removing all demos and media concerning their canceled games -of course, their power only extends to the websites and material they actually own. There is probably a Konami-cult, out there, that makes sure to download and save any Konami released content in case the game/idea ever gets removed, later on, from existence.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Looks like they managed to secure a publishing deal with Team17, so the project has been pulled off Kickstarter. Link.

5. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant