Alien Isolation

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheDarknessEnvelops, Jun 16, 2014.

1. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Anyone looking forward to this, yesterday, I did a Ridley Scott binge and went through the alien films, including Prometheus and now I am really hyped for this game, does anyone think it's going to be just like any other horror or is it's monster going to be a game changer. Also, what do people think about its adaptive ai that they talk about a lot. Is it going to be that clever

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Haven't really looked at it too much. Never really got into the Alien series (not hard especially what with the massive slew of mediocre content in the franchise), and the game looks just like a reskinned Amnesia with a motion detector. Just waiting for reviews; if it turns out to be an amazing, must-play game, I'll get it. If not, then oh well, another shit Aliens game.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm a bit hyped for it since I love the Alien franchise, but the way the devs sound in the trailers reminds me of how Gearbox sounded not long before Duke Nukem Forever was released, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much in case it's all just a lie again. It's true, the Alien/Predator/AvP franchise isn't known for many good games, but there are some gems: Aliens versus Predator (1999 - PC) and Aliens versus Predator 2 (2001 - PC) are both absolute classics and still very playable even today, especially the sequel. Though I don't believe we've had a truly good A/P/AvP game ever since (I thought the Aliens vs. Predator from 2010 - the one that wasn't really liked by critics - was decent, but it doesn't compare to the previous two). It would be nice to finally get a good game starring a Xenomorph after 13 years.

4. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

If it doesn't come out good, I'll just hope prometheus 2 is as good and builds on the connections between aliens and prometheus

5. I don't think I can run it, so I don't really care.

6. Potarto

Why not? Maybe not max settings, but you're running the equivalent of a $250-$300 GPU today, solid CPU, etc.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

What are your specs?

8. Well, yeah, but that's the point. Advanced lightning, shaders and other resource hogs are what makes or breaks these games.

[​IMG]

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Very true, atmospheric games that rely on realistic graphics need these things.

With that said, it looks me like you won't have any problem with maxing this out. The official specs haven't yet been announced, but your PC looks good enough for the task. If you won't be able to run it on ultra, then just use a slightly lower resolution - then you will get all the environmental effects and be able to maintain a good frame rate. Still, I think you'll be fine even if you game at 1080p (assuming your goal is not never dropping below 60fps, but staying in between 30-60fps).

10. Potarto

Your system's hardly a pushover. I know it's only natural to want to max stuff out, but I honestly doubt that having the most advanced form of Ambient Occlusion will make or break a gaming experience, and I'm sure it'll still look great with decent framerates, unless it's optimized by Ubisoft Kiev or Rockstar or something.

11. I'll wait for the official system requirements then.

12. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm a little disappointed on how it's going to be a survival horror game rather than a survival horror game, with a pulse rife -at least from what I've read in articles concerning the game; and the environments look great because the Devs have decided to make them look very similar to how Ridley Scott had envisioned the 'Alien(s)' universe with the retro-futuristic tech, scattered about the space-hull in the game.
    I will have to wait and see whether the reviews are good enough to get to get this one, though, because the poor reputation of the previous game, Aliens Colonial Marines, and the partially okay 2010 game, Aliens VS Predator. I've never played Colonial Marines, but from what was said about it, it's one that I'm not willing to try. I did however play AVP (2010) and wasn't too satisfied with it as I hoped I would. The visuals were really nice, but what killed it for me was the gameplay and the AI. When playing as a marine, as was expected to be hunted down by Xenomorphs, trying to rip my body to strips of animated human flesh at any cost; but instead, I encountered Xenos that were giving me a fighting chance by attacking me one at a time instead of a hoard, like in the original AVP. The Alien AI felt more like how the Predator was fashioned to act like in the movie, Predator 2, with giving the black dude a fair, warrior's fighting chance at the end of the film -after a quick Google search, it turns out that the Predator's code of conducts is called Yautja Honor Code. There were also other unbalanced specs between the species: While playing as Predator, the humans and Xenos attacked in 'twos',' nothing more; and asas alien, humans didn't track you down and kill you as a team like I had expected them to.
    Nevertheless, AVP (2010) was still a decent game and I am hoping that Alien:Isolation turns out to be as good as the devs promise it to be.

13. TJP75

TJP75 Member

I can't wait; the pre-order DLC (an aspect of video gaming that I find shite) featuring the original cast members save for two actors is also very exciting.

Have the game on pre-order thanks to a GMG sale and heavy discount.

14. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hmm not convinced since i have yet to see A Pulse rifle or Robertsuit

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I too, like Bamul, liked AvP 2010. I haven't played the older ones because, despite how much positive responses they've gotten, they're too outdated. I liked AvP 2010 because I'm dearly in love with Predators, and it just felt awesome to actually be one. But besides from that, it was simply decent. Not a good replayable game, and a way too short storyline.

The new Aliens looks cool, but after how hard they failed with Colonial Marines (From what I've heard), how can we be sure this one won't end up the same way?

16. Potarto

By not preordering the damn thing.

17. TotalAaron

Thats good advice kids

18. "20 minute" demo

[YOUTUBE]B6wCHHXSXRA[/YOUTUBE]

19. TotalAaron

Well i finnaly got my hands on the game

(pictured)

And i have to say it is fantastic i am on the first "Real" chapter of the game when Monstars begin to attack and i am loving it

I was supprised at how good it actually is, i expected a rome 2 situation and i got a very good product money well spent,

(Ps i am aware the picture is mirrored because :( )

141010-190555.jpg

20. I should probably get it.