Aiming on PS4

Discussion in 'Fortnite Battle Royale' started by akjangra, Jan 15, 2018.

1. akjangra

akjangra Member
    Regular

I've been playing for a week but still can't aim properly. It just feels kinda different from other games. Is the aiming actually weird on PS4 or is it just me? Any tips?

2. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm playing on the PC with M&K, so I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about, but maybe you're having trouble with auto aim/aim assist? If so, can you turn it off ? I've seen a few other people complaining about aim assist in this game.

3. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

My friend had this kind of problem and this is what he exactly did and it worked for him. He just turned off the auto aim and turned it on after a few minutes. Akjangra should try this method.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always seem to have issues when going between consoles and if something new is coming out, but usually just getting used to it is all it takes. I would try some other games and devices to see if it is something like that but it might just take some time.

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

BTW there is a big exploit in this game, which apparently gives M&K users aim assist if they also have a gamepad connected (whether they're using it or not). I can't find the information on whether they've patched this or not. Anyone with a gamepad to check ? Mine's busted.

6. akjangra

akjangra Member
    Regular

Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow and let you guys know!
    I wouldn't think that because I've played a lot on my PS4, and I usually get used to a game in a few minutes. I have a very good control on my controller. This one just feels like its malfuntioning

7. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not even sure you can turn off aim assist, (since I have seen people complain on the official forums about not being able to turn it off) but you might as well check. They may have added the option in a recent update.

8. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I highly doubt that because they never let you turn it off before. They only added the option to turn aim assist off in the latest patch which came about 2 days ago. So your friend either tried something else or is just lying.

Personally, I haven't had any problems with aiming on PS4. It can be a dodgy sometimes especially with shotguns but it isn't too much of a problem.