Advaancee Video Games - Training Tools for the Military

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by jacksondaniels, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jacksondaniels

Imagine if part of your job training requirement included playing advance video games? Sound like fun? For young military recruits already experienced in gaming long before their high school graduation, this is a pleasant reality. So we can some other issue to take after do it.

2. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Yes, this is true. I know that defense contractors create million dollar simulators to create war like pseudo realities for our soldiers to train on. The flight simulators are especially a big deal. We aren't too far off from full blown virtual reality war games in 3D environments.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Like the ARMA series?

However I strongly discourage anyone to join the army thinking you will play video games all day long. :)

4. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

This isn't really new tech, come to think of it, video game simulations have been used for shooting and training drivers, pilots and helicopter pilots for a long time. I'm sure today the simulations are super realistic and true-to-life.

I'm sure these simulators would be lots of fun to play but imagine how much fun it would be if you were actually doing it train be on the front line!

5. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Yeah, ARMA was created for military use! Now we have ARMA 3 thanks to the military! :) Who said war was bad?

6. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

This is happening for sure. We fail to realize that all the call of duty and war games are in a sense teaching the people anyway. Those games are very realistic and it effects the subliminal mind.