About Dynamic Events - What happens?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Knives, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

So I was wondering, what happens when you complete a dynamic event? Does the dynamic event chain reset to its start? Or does the resistance becomes automatically much harder, and force the chain back in the opposite direction? Either way, I can see this being a problem with Arenanets philosophy of "what you do in-game actually makes a difference"

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

From what I heard, the threat just pushes back to fight another day. I can see the first month, the land of Tyria being the safest place ever. However, after things relax it'll start to get intense as so many events will be left unchecked. They haven't said for how long or what not. As far as "what you do in-game makes a difference" its stage 2 or 3 of events that changes the world around you. If everyone pushes back those threats, then everything is rainbows and sunshine, if not, you could wake up one morning to find your favorite area ransacked by whatever. Then it'll be up to you, or whomever is around, to make it right again.

No matter what, these events will be scheduled, nothing will ever be truly realistic. You cant just have the 1st group of players destroy the pirates den, only to have them never to resurface ever again! Know what Im sayin'?

3. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Dynamic Events are arranged in chains. Winning one will start the next one in the chain in one direction while failing one will send the chain moving in a different direction. Chains can reset and/or start new chains. Chains are of all different lengths and can split apart and combine together. Some chains are short in duration and some are extra long. Some Dynamic Events are always running, some are only triggered when certain conditions are met such as a player clicking on something or a weather event (some Dynamic Events can cause weather events).

Most amazing thing? Dynamic Events continue whether anyone is there to play them or not. The village you went to sleep in might be totally different when you wake up.

4. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Active Member

What happens is they go on allot through your adventure.
    The dynamic events revolve around how you use them as a player.
    They change based on what you are doing with them, that's one thing I know about Dynamic events in Guild Wars 2. :)

5. Harry

Harry Member

Dynamic events sound like a cool feature to this game. It's seems to be one of the newer features that are in this game I could be wrong but it's new to me. I think more game features need to be discussed here so I can know more about Guild Wars 2. I will be reading and writing new information I find for this forum also. :)

6. Majestic

Majestic Boo

Hahaha. Would be nice if the capital city's could be destroyed. Or bits and pieces of them. Is this actually possible, would they attack the city's ?

7. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I dont see that ever happening, save maybe a special event. Apparently, only the dozen or so small villages scattered around each map are game for destruction.

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about that. Likely something ArenaNet might pull of for a special event like Xerran said. Everybody pretty much summed up the dynamic events.

9. Harry

Harry Member

I wonder if the city can be destroyed that would be a good addition to the game. :)
    Some like to destroy I like to make things go BOOM. :)

10. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

^^ i make you go boom o_o

Thanks for the responses guys. Cleared up a lot. Its cool that dynamic events don't auto rest.

11. GamingOn

GamingOn Active Member

The auto events seems great to me.
    I think the auto events are a good part of the story in this game.
    I just wonder how many auto events there will be altogether. :D

12. CookieMonster

CookieMonster Active Member

Glad everyone found my information helpful.
    It is a cool feature in the game.
    I want to hear about more cool features though.
    But that's why I'm here on this forum. :)

13. Vercinger

Vercinger Member

I hope the dynamic events will be done well enough to not become repetitive or predictable after some time. Else they won't help the game much.