A story

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Vlad, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

I'm writing a story of Ulman's past [It's fictional, no need to burn bridges] and i whanna see if you guys like it. If you whant to use it for something (not likely) talk to me first :D

16 Years have passed since the world has been scorched by nuclear fire, our own doing led to our own demise has shown…how dangerouse we are, we do not only destroy our enemies, but also the ones that fight next to us. We though this was Armaghedon but we found a way to survive, many of which regret to this day. The Metro tunels who where once filled with fast silver trains is now home to the last known survivers of the apocalipse in a continuous struggle to live. Not only that we fight against ourselves but also fight against mutants, creatures that have been changed from radiation. They have addapted to the new environment and now stalk anything that can be called food, from tiny rats to humans as well as there own kind.
    I am one of the fourty thousand survivers, my name is Ulamn Drechievsky and this is my story.
    I was born in Rymskaya, a troubled metro since we have always been ocupied either by the Red Army or the Nazis which have subjugated our brothers and sisters endlessly recruiting by force anyone able to weild and shoot a gun, unfortunetly I was one of them. I was with my family, my brother Pavel my sister Sasha and my mother and father Aleksandra and Miller eating what we had available, bread, some soup and a few pieces of meat, but it was more than we ever hoped for, many families would only have a few pieces of bread or anything at all to eat but one day disaster struck, Reds where swarming all around our station taking away any young boy to fight for their cause, we heard scream of other families attempting to persuade the Commisars from taking their chilrden but to no avail, we even heard some gunshots and expected the worse. As the conscription escaled the screams where getting louder and louder meaning they where getting closer and closer, in an attempt to save our lives, because most conscript will end up as cannon fooder, our parents tried to hide us under the beds and in some of the cabinets that we had, I hid under my own bed, it was pretty large and calustrophobic but I kept my calm because if I didn’t I would of ended up as my friend Viktor who was conscripted a year ago, we never heard anything of him after that, but then I heard there footsteps aproaching…they slammed the door bracking it from its hinges and started to search for any children, my parents where scared but didn’t say a word in an attempt to mask the fact that they have chilrden, but it was to late. They found Pavel, and what came next scared me for life, they took both my parents and my brother ordered them on their knees and yelled “If there is anyone here and does not come outside in five seconds I am going to show no mercy to these people". continue Afraid of what would happen next to both my parents, Pavel, Sasha i went out of my bed and looked in the commisars eyes and said "I am here, take me if you need me but please leave my family alone" I prayed to God that he will save my parents alive but...he shot all 3 of them, i watched as they fell down on the dirty floor filled with their own blood, I fell on my knees and started to cry, "Why did you shoot them, they did nothing wrong!!!" I yelled uncontrollably, "They are traitors to our cause not willing to fight for their own people now get up, you have work to do" the commisar took my arm and pulled me on my feet warning me "If you try to run or hide, we ARE goin to kill you, understand?" i noded not being able to say anything that would make him angry, but i knew Sasha was still hidden it's all i have left and if I will still be alive after this war i will not stop searching untill i either find her or her body.

#1 Vlad, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Nice! I'll definately listen in on this one! :D

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is cool, I'm keen to see more!

4. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

To be honest I was a little surprised to see there wasn't any Metro fanfiction here on this forum...

Cool start man. Though, just out of curiosity, can I ask why you chose Rymskaya? (Just curious because it's so far from the Red Line and even farther from the Fourth Reich, and in the book the only mention of it is that it was struck by an epidemic) - Or is what you meant by saying it's fictional, that the metro is like a 'clean slate' for your story (in which case only you know where the Reds and Nazis would be so I'll shut up). Anyway, enough of my possibly confusing and stupid question, looking forward to reading more. :D

5. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

I chosen it because of that, it's purely fiction with metro based events but i'm stating that the epidemic did not happen just yet and that Rymskaya is a good place to recruit soldiers, basicly im inventing a story of how Ulman became a Ranger and how he got his funny character, one of the best characters in the Metro Game :D

P.S. it's possible that i will change some of teh writing in the story to make it more accurate

#5 Vlad, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Metro: Ulman's Story ---> Metro 3! :p

7. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Sorry that this is not updated guys but ive been writing it on paper in order to modify and clarify stuff withough making you read it again so hang tight, maybe i will make it in chapters so you will have something to read :D

I have not given up on it :)

#7 Vlad, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  8. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Good to hear, looking forward for it :)

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

You truly do have an author's creative mind, Vlad. Well done :)

10. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Ok here i go again,

Itroduction
    It’s the year 2013 and right now our planet is a living hell. We have scorched our planet, sinked it in nuclear fire and now all that we once build lies in ruin. The surface is covered in radiation, which can kill a person without proper equipment and not just that, it is now being rulled by mutants which have addapted to this harsh envinronment. They are vicious and ruthless, dangerous and mercyless, everyone who would fight them will be in serious danger. But there is still hope, known survivors have retreated to the undergound Metron in the once proud city of Moskow, but here the apocalypse was not enough, we still fight over ideology: guess some things never change.
    This is our legacy and this is where my story begins, my name is Ulman Drechievsky and I will be going through hell and back to find answers, as well as bringing loughter to the sad Metro.

Tragedy is just the start
    I was born in Rymskaya, a troubled metro since we have always been ocupied either by the Red Army or the Nazis, which have subjugated our brothers and sisters endlessly recruiting, by force, anyone able to weild and shoot a gun, unfortunetly I was one of them. I was with my family, my brother Pavel my sister Valeria and my mother and father Aleksandra and Mikhael eating what we had available, bread, some soup and a few pieces of meat, but it was more than we ever hoped for, many families would only have a few pieces of bread or anything at all to eat, but one day disaster struck, Reds where swarming all around our station taking away any young boy to fight for their cause, we heard scream of other families attempting to persuade the Commisars from taking their children but to no avail, we even heard some gunshots and expected the worse; these vial brutes have no sence of decency or mercy to the common folk. As the conscription escaled the screams where getting louder and louder meaning they where getting closer and closer, in an attempt to save our lives, because most conscript will end up as cannon fooder, our parents tried to hide us under the beds and in some of the cabinets that we had, I hid under my own bed, it was pretty small and claustrophobic, barely managing to fit in, but I kept my calm because if I didn’t I would of ended up as my friend Viktor who was conscripted a year ago, we never heard anything of him after that, but then I heard there footsteps aproaching…they slammed the door bracking it from its hinges and started to search for any children, my parents where scared but didn’t say a word in an attempt to mask the fact that they have chilrden, but it was to late. They found Pavel, and what came next scared me for life, ordered both my parents and my brother on their knees and yelled “If there is anyone here and does not come outside in five seconds I am goin to shoot all of you!” I had no choice, Valeria was still hiding and if they searched for us the could find us both so i got out from under the bed and said, "Here i am am, do whatever you whant with me, but leave my family alone.", with a grin on his face he shot all of them, i was devasted inside but i kept my emotions away for now and the commissar said "That's what you get for not telling the truth, now get out and follow me"

#10 Vlad, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  11. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Nice, keep it coming!

12. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

Not so bad! I want to read more, so keep going! :D