A Game of Thrones MMORPG?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by djskyrim, Mar 27, 2016.

1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

When it comes to make a game based on a story or even history, the game storyline does not have to match the original storyline.

For example, Three Kingdoms part of Chinese history had produced a lot of video games based on it for the last a few decades. Whichever time period you choose as the beginning of your game, won't go as the same as the historical facts as long as you are involved. You can totally use one of the dead warlords (before his death) to unite the whole country... just an example.

In my opinion, Game of Thrones MMO can start at the beginning of the series, and the story after that has no need to follow the series.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the Game of Thrones MMORPG has been discussed on this forum multiple times now. The fans want it and many gamers already have suggestions on how to make it possible now we just need a financial backer, a game developer and George R.R. Martin's approval to make it happen. Personally I think the setting and system of Skyrim will match perfect with a GOT MMORPG.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well personally I am not the biggest fan of the show or the books, but I would have to imagine that it would probably be the best selling one. It is crazy popular, but reading some of the responses above, it seems some people are not too fond of that fact, which is certainly understandable. I really hope that they don't, but it would be interesting. Thanks for sharing.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  4. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin New Member

For what it's worth, one of Crowfall slogans is "Game of thrones meets EVE Online". Tho the "GoT" part was aiming at the intrigue and politics in the medieval fantasy setting, not the GoT IP itself.

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that's a really great point. On the other hand, there are characters within the books that Game of Thrones is based on that haven't even been explored in the show. They don't necessarily get the same level of development in the books either. These "side" characters may be a better alternative for a Game of Thrones video game.

I think it would be better to role play generic characters though. Nobody likes a Mary Sue.

6. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That actually sounds like a good idea. Though it would really depend on the story of the game and who you could play as.

7. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think people may like it while the series is up. Now that series is concluded. I am not sure how the people even may take interest. I don't find much use of the game as of now. It may seem like drag for sure.

: game idea