4A just published their first Facebook update in nearly two years.

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Eru Cozorav, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

what could that mean?

a new metro ? :D

2. Eru Cozorav

Regular

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Interesting, thanks for sharing. We should keep an eye on their fb.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

:lol: I replied with a link to our forum and said we're waiting anxiously for the possible release of a third metro game, perhaps they'll notice us just a tad bit :)

It's interesting to see they've still got their wall-picture or whatever you call it, a Metro Last Light logo. Well, yes, they've been away for two years and probably have never bothered to change it, but now they are back and they still haven't changed it..... METRO 3 CONFIRMED ERR MAH GERD

5. Eru Cozorav

Regular

aah benjie, you still keep that katana , dreadlock hair and of course trangulizier gun? :lol:

#5 Eru Cozorav, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  6. Skaara Dreadlocks

...Who are you again? :p

And yes, of course I do. Always do :D Funny that you remember, I appreciate it :)

7. Eru Cozorav

Regular

used to be active in these forum, somewhen between 4 years ago when i was just a teenage and in middle school. i was watching your roleplay the one ended up as 9 page series :lol: i always remember of my submition that were so poor like a 8 year old fanfiction :tsk:

anyway, 4a tease something on monday based from their comment in FB. also in reddit there is also metro community and RP, although its pretty small (but not as deserted) :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/metro2033/

8. Eru Cozorav

Regular

News update from 4a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1058575887572458/

We are back!
    Oh yes we said this last week, but we are back to stay.
    In due course we will be giving you up to date information on the projects we are passionately slaving away at. (Believe me I want to tell you guys)
    However as many of you have realised that is not today.

So what do nugget do I have for you today?
    Well a couple of things, first of all we have noted some news about us springing up which nice, so to all of you journalists or similar reading my well thought out and witty wordings a big "Hello!”.
    Here is a great podcast from those stalwart reviewers at PC Gamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gamer-uk-podcast-018-gta-online-metro-last-light/
    And since they were so nice about our Redux games I have been green lit to offer a small contest.

This will take the form of a classic: Design something Metro related - that is cool.
    Can you rattle off an amazing story?
    Are you a budding artist? (musical or graphical) – A good rap would be very cool.
    Cosplayers who have the Spartan armour down to a T...?
    What else? Let us know, we would like to know about it.

What will you win? Well alas at this stage mostly it will be prestige.
    We will add your work to this page in some way so that all can see how much of a true fan you are.
    We will add you to the Winner's Circle: a currently very short list of fans who we know of who go the extra mile for their love of our games. (To be potentially used at a later date...)
    And a copy of both Redux Versions of the game on Steam.

Something to start you guys off for now.

Some information/rules:
    This will run for 2 weeks: Announcing Winners this time in 3 weeks 11/08/2016.
    We will keep an eye on upvotes/likes of each piece of work as a guideline.
    Based on these "Community Votes" we will compose a short list of winners and bring the studio together to vote on them.
    Our decision will be final.

You can enter multiple times, but you can only win once.
    Submissions must be submitted with the tag #4ALives. Then should be attached to the wall of this event or a link to them.
    Your work should be your own, don't plagiarise/rip off
    There may be other rules that we haven't thought of that we will have to add later on, we will try to keep these as reasonable as possible.

9. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear from the dev team again. It's like a breath of fresh air in an empty vacuum. I responded to a message on the STALKER reddit regarding the 4A contest.

I cannot stop racking my brain over the idea of an open world Metro game, followed by 4A's release of mod tools. Look at what the STALKER community has been able to put together just by pure skill and commitment. I've been modding Fallout games for so long to play more similarly to Metro or STALKER, and it would just be so nice to have mod tools in a Metro entry. Unlikely, but they have to see the survivability of a game when mod tools are released for it.

Also, what's up everyone? Good to see some old faces still around.

10. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

4A finally speaks

On facebook, so no one knew about it.

A contest, basically they want some kind of fan submission related to Metro: a song, cosplay, inspired indie game, short film, whatever. You'll have to read it.

#10 JigMcGalliger, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  11. Eru Cozorav

Regular

4a are doing kind contest thing

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good to see you as well. :) And I'd love to see a Metro open world game with modding tools... although I can't deny the fact that I think I might actually prefer a new Stalker over that (which is of course still extremely unlikely). I wouldn't mind a new Metro game, and it wouldn't hurt for it to be more open than the last ones, but I feel that a full open world may not suit the series as well as it did Stalker.

You posted this 5 times? I saw that the stupid auto moderating tool hid your post, but there was no need to keep posting it over again. Next time if one of your posts doesn't appear even though it was successfully posted just let me or any other moderator know and will sort it out, otherwise you're leaving us with more work to delete duplicate posts. :p

As you can see now, we already have a thread about this - I merged the two threads so that your post appears here. ;)

As for the actual contest, it's nice that they're giving away the games for free again and motivating people to come up with more fan creations, but I already have M2033, M:LL, and M2033R (and I have no interest in M:LLR) so I'm not gonna take part.

#12 Bamul, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
  13. Eru Cozorav

Regular

as you can see, this forum is just like abandoned metro station. i dont want to take my chance to wait a moderator. i have experience these site at its glory days where LP still at its hottest, so i hope that my "little activity" bring back some crowd here

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

We appreciate your eagerness to get some activity up and going, we share your goal, but know that we are here most of the time to moderate, and your post wouldn't have come up no matter how many duplicates you had made of it, if it wasn't for Bamul's interaction :p

Good to see you haven't forgotten us, make sure to stay tuned! :)

I agree that an open-world metro game could be amazing, but it'd take a lot of work to make it fit with Metro, because like Bamul said, I think an open-world game fits Stalker better than it fits Metro. One of the main reasons Metro was so good was because of its linear story. Never the less, an open-world game can also have a great story, I just think it would take a lot of work for the developers to make something like that for Metro.

This new activity from 4A is great, I love that they've hosted a metro contest! But I am really disappointed that they just went ahead and posted it on stupid Facebook :tsk: -Perhaps we should contact them and somehow ask them if we can merge their contest with our forum? After all, this is in fact the only Metro forum still standing to date, isn't it? It would be a lot better to hold a contest like that here, rather than on facebook. They could announce it via facebook and redirect it here. I think we even could be able to contact them, with our Deep Silver-contact who could bring the message forward to Deep Silver who'd then bring it forward to 4A. Or we could just contact 4A Games' facebook-page directly about the matter. Or perhaps it is too late since the contest has been going for a few days now? :p

Like Bamul, though, I am not going to be competing in the contest because I too already have 2033, LL and both Redux versions with all DLC. I wish they'd hand out a more significant reward... like Artyoms watch or bullet-lighter perhaps? ;) Never the less, I hope there'll be many entrances.

15. Eru Cozorav

Regular

you forget the obvious prima reward; here let me tell ya

"What will you win? Well alas at this stage mostly it will be prestige.
    We will add your work to this page in some way so that all can see how much of a true fan you are.
    We will add you to the Winner's Circle: a currently very short list of fans who we know of who go the extra mile for their love of our games. (To be potentially used at a later date...).."

who doesnt want an exclusive of what metro-3 gonna be? :lol:

16. In all honesty it's easier to do contests through the Facebook (Or other social media) and they have full control over it. These forums don't exactly have this kind of publicity and are technically semi-independent. Sure Deep Silver gave us (And the wiki) their blessing to be "official" in exchange for conforming to a few specific rules a few years back but that's it.

Plus Professor Pew has been re-assigned and we probably won't be seeing them for a while.

Assuming 4A is here to stay, there will be more stuff eventually.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This. And tbh most of the time publishers/developers try to reach out to new audiences with these contests rather than rewarding long-time committed fans. I don't like it, but it doesn't surprise me.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

I see that, but I think that an actual forum still would be better because you could then comment/discuss the entries to the contest in an appropriate manner, instead of commenting "nice :)" or "lol this is so bad" on the entry on facebook, because that's pretty much all you'd get there. But I'll quote what Bamul says because it is so true: They're trying to reach out to new audiences with these contests rather than rewarding long-time committed fans.

Anyhow, this is pretty much what I'm doing right now: :deadhorse:

So I'll change the subject although staying on the same kinda topic: I'm not having high hopes for a new Metro game, but if we actually do get one, perhaps it would be a neat idea to change the whole forum's URL and name to the name of the new Metro game? When searching for, and finding, the Time-date-edit-page, I found the control panel for a lot of other things, including changing the forum's name and URL. It's tempting to play around with it, but I'm afraid I might majorly screw something up, as all my previous attempts to edit things haven't worked out so well at the first couple tries :lol:

Either way, having the title of the new game as the title of the forum really could draw a lot more attention here than to stick with the old name. If I'd need Harley's permission, I'm certain I'd get it since her wish is to get as many visitors as possible. This actually reminds me, AaronPoitras and I have signed a contract with Deep Silver to actually keep our mouths shut if we're shown anything new ("Classified information") before the announcement of it. Perhaps I should go and ask Maurice if I can use this to get a hint, or some information, on what's coming? :D Or maybe that's a bit optimistic of me? :lol:

#18 Skaara Dreadlocks, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Changing the name of the forum to fit an upcoming Metro game sounds good in theory, but the problem with that is all the currently existing links scattered throughout the internet that lead to our forum would become useless. And it may make it even harder to find us through Google and other search engines, but honestly I have no idea how all this works exactly. I think Komo might have a better idea since it might be something that's connected to his job.

20. Pretty much everyone has a facebook these days and not a whole lot of people have a lastlightforum account. And after working in SMM, I can tell you that anything above "reblog + like" will absolutely fucking MURDER participation.

Unless it's a forum specific thing, it aint gonna happen. And it won't be a forum specific thing because 4A doesn't own lastlightforum.com.