4% of all PC playtime in July was for PUB

Discussion in 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' started by kingcool52, Aug 19, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

A company that provides market intelligence across the different games market has revealed that in the month of July, the total time that was spent by gamers playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds accounted to 4% of PC gaming. That just shows how amazing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has been doing recently with the game growing massively over the past few months, mainly thanks to all the streaming that is done on Twitch. The game is also the sixth most popular game at the moment! Could it potentially become the top most played game?

2. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

It looks like game has progressed a lot. And the update and mods coming out for the game. This goes to show that there are more edits coming. I think people seem to be liking this game more these days.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

4% of gaming might not seem a lot in the great scheme of things, but when you look at just how many games there are out there and the amount of players playing the different games then for PUB to boast that result, it's quite impressive.

I can see the amount of people playing only growing over time, and while it may not become THE most popular game of all time, even if it just gets a small dedicated following, that will be more than enough to keep the series going long into the future.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh yes, four percent of a very large number for one game is still a lot of people, and quite impressive. I wonder what the numbers will be going forward.

5. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

That can be considered as good improvement already. I mean, initially, I never expected PUB to end up that popular in the gaming community. Then again, it somewhat ended up popular in Steam also.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

From what I've read PUBG surpassed DoTA 2 for concurrent players which is insane for a game that's still in early access. PUBG is looking to be a contender for GOTY at this point.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Based on the statistics so far , it will be definitely be a very tough competitor .

8. overcast

Regular

Many game titles were competing for the attention of 1%. Hell even the DOOM was not able to make it to the 2%. And CS GO took a lot of time to where it is now. I think PUBG did a lot better with 4% if you ask me.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

It will be hard to beat it this year. Assassin's Creed Origins comes out soon and Star Wars: Battlefront II looks solid but other than that nothing notable will be released.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, a few outstanding games will definitely have a lot of buzz around them but as you stated, that's about it

11. overcast

Regular

Sometimes I think of this game as CS and GTA combo. As this game lets you do stuff with many small things. I guess it just gives you that feeling. But overall a good game. And it has all the right elements. So growth is expected too.

12. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

The game is making progress by leaps and bounds.The new updates in the game are attracting more game players towards it.This game is really giving a tough time to all other games.This percentage is quite impressive and catchy for new game players.People love to play games with amazing updates and features.That is why this game is receiving such a good ranking.

13. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

I'm really glad to see how PUB has progressed. Furthermore, it's also becoming more popular. On the other hand, its advances ingame is also just as great.

14. overcast

Regular

PUBG is now next CS GO. In fact compared to the CS GO this one is more random. And people are getting attracted to it. You may find that this game is more random than any other in the market. So it'd be reasonable to see how that goes for many.

15. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member
    Regular

Steam playtime, I'd assume, but still cool.

16. overcast

Regular

I guess among STEAM based users the PUBG seems to be getting more popular. And if spent enough time, it's likely to surpass most of the popular games in near future. I think 4% of the playtime is still cool. It's in no way that bad.

17. Lewis Ngata

Lewis Ngata Active Member
    Regular

4%, wow! those stats are quite impressive.I am not that surprised though.Personally I am addicted to this game.The graphics have greatly improved and so have the mission upgrade is also nice.Pretty soon 4% will be ancient history when it hits over 10% percent of the total play time compared to other games.When that time comes I hope we will all be here to share in its glory.Thumbs up to the producers!

18. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It sure is impressive, makes me feel like it can be way higher.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This makes me want to see a comparison of all sorts of games and over time. I realize that is a lot to ask but it would be interesting to see how they stack up.

20. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's nice to see this game be sucessful. I was one of the players who played the moment it was released and I'm amazed how far this game went. This game is really a recommendation for players out there.